Awards and Honors
What it means for you as a patient; what we as your care team will do for you, and what we expect you to do for your own health.
Patient Centered Medical Home means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals; working together with you, to optimize your child's health goals, using the best evidence-based medicine, education and resources available for you today, thus helping to empower you to take responsibility for your child's health, and give you the self-management support you need to succeed.
Please note that we have a PATIENT PORTAL
where you will be able to retrieve medical record access online! You can learn more here
on our website, or by asking our front desk team for information on how to sign up.
As your primary care provider, we will:
- Learn about your child, your family, life situation, health goals and preferences. Our team will recall your health history every time you seek care, and will suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Take care of any short term illness, long term chronic disease, you and your child’s all around well being.
- Keep you up to date on all your vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect you or your child with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc) and coordinate care with them as you or your child’s health needs change.
- Find appropriate behavioral help as needed (including specialists support groups, etc.).
- Be available to you or your child after hour for urgent needs. Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am—5 pm, and Saturday mornings 9 am until 12 noon.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly so that all conditions and options are well understood.
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you, and your calls, in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for you or your child’s care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your child’s condition, and help them stay healthy.
- Help you understand your insurance options should you be uninsured. All children deserve equal care to stay healthy. Please contact www.coverva.org 1 (855) 242-8282 for more information.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your child's care.
- When you join our practice, you will provide us with a complete medical history, and inform us if your child has received care outside of the practice. Upon your first visit, we will have you complete new patient forms so that we may obtain all previous records your child may have. Should you have any questions about this process, please contact the Office Manager.
- Come to each visit with updates about medications, dietary supplements or remedies you are using, and any questions you may have.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as early as possible.
- Understand your child’s health condition and what you can do to help them stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your child’s health. If you have obstacles to this plan, please discuss these fully with us.
- Give your child medications as prescribed.
- Contact us after hours ONLY if your issue cannot wait until the next business day.
- If possible, contact us before going to the emergency room, so that someone who knows your child’s medical history can care for them.
- Agree that all providers in our health care team will receive all information related to your child’s condition and care.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage from your insurer. If you have additional questions about billing, please contact The Pediatric Group’s Billing Specialist at (571) 599-2798
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you and your child.
2017 TOP DOCTORS
Dr. Candace Fugate Dr. Samantha G. Cutler