TOP THREE THINGS you need to do for a smooth referral request:
Please note that referrals cannot be completed AFTER an appointment with a specialist.
- First, check with your insurance to find out if you need a referral. If you are unsure about this, you can call the member services number on your insurance card to find out.
- Next, call and make an appointment with a specialist. When choosing the date for your child's appointment with the specialist, please keep in mind we will need 5 to 7 business days to process the referral, so book at least a week out.
- Finally, call our office immediately after making the appointment, to request a referral. Our triage nurses will need the following information to process the referral:
- Name of Specialist your child will be seeing
- Specialist's Phone number
- Specialist's Fax Number
- Date of your child's appointment
- Reason for the appointment
- If the specialist wants the referral to be FAXed, or if you will need to pick up the referral from our office.
Please do not see a specialist or have a diagnostic procedure done and then call us for a referral. Insurance companies will not allow us to back date or complete a referral after a specialist visit or treatment has been performed.